I am studying abroad in Montpellier, France this semester. Mostly this consists of traveling and hanging out with some pretty cool people, good wine, good cheese, and me pretending to speak French.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

We stayed in Montpellier this past weekend and it was a blast! Friday Andrea and I drank a bottle of wine here (and danced around the apartment to Sara B, like the dorks we are) then I went to the Aussi bar with Katrice, Danielle and her friends who were visiting from Barcelona. The only time I'm glad they play American music in France is when we go dancing. It's so much better when you know the words and can sing along. Saturday the plan was to bike to the Medditerranean Sea and have a pique-nique on the beach, but after finding out that it would be four hours of biking we decided to bus it. So, we took the tram to the Place de L'Europe, and waited for the bus. Then this crazy woman shows up mumbling nonsensical french to us (well really it probably was legit Francias, but we couldn't understand her) then asks me if she can use my phone to call her friend and tell him she's going to be late because the bus wasn't going to come for another hour. Me, being me and not knowing how to say no, let her use my phone. Then she proceeded to follow us around for a bit, and we decided that bussing to the beach wasn't really worth waiting at the bus stop for an hour with this crazy French woman. So we headed to the mall and did a bit a shopping :). That night we tested out a few bars, and I've got to say Aussi bar is still my fav. Sunday was my alone time/get stuff done day. One good thing about staying here: CLEAN CLOTHES! wahoo! even if they still take three days to dry...
Yesterday was Katrice's bday, so I bought her a birthday crepe then Mariah and I did homework at Book in Bar and I bought some amazing apricot tea from this cute little shop on one of the side streets. Last night, we went out for FONDUE (delicious fondue) for Katrice's 21st! What an experience! 17 euros gets you a house cocktail (Kir de peche, white wine, and a little rum... sooo good) , salad, baked potatoes, fondue, wine served in baby bottles, and an interesting dessert. In the middle of dinner we decided that we were going to need more wine for Katrice's apartment, so Danielle and I ran to Monoprix then came back and had dessert. We really are the classiest girls ever. Seriously. And to further prove my point I will tell you what we did after dinner: President and Asshole, with wine. It was great.
Class pretty much kicked my butt today seeing as I seem to have developed a french form of ADD. And we have another pointless MaxSA assignment due on Friday. Not only is it completely pointless, but I found out that they're not even doing MaxSA next semester! I'm mad. It's such a waste of time! bah. Oh well, it's an extra credit? Maybe?
D'accord, I've got class at nine so bonne nuit mes amis!
Je vous aime! Bisous!

No comments: